The William Henry Harrison Mansion was built when he served as the first governor of the Indiana Territory (1800-1812). Called the “White House of the West,” Grouseland was the first brick home in the Indiana Territory. In the frontier village of Vincennes it seemed a palatial mansion. It was built on a knoll overlooking the Wabash River near a walnut grove. Grouseland occupies an important place in American history as several treaties with Native Americans were signed in the Council Chamber.
3 West Scott Street
Vincennes, IN 47591